Monday, March 29, 2010

Do you know what a Lobster Thermidore is?

Well I do and it is delicious!  Tonight I went to a cooking class at Sun Terra Market (thank you Janet - it was such a wonderful experience, I enjoyed every mouthful!), it was all about seafood and delicious seafood at that.  So in the near future you will be reading about my new seafood recipes, anything from warm and cozy comfort food like Lobster Macaroni and Cheese to Fresh Clams and Chorizo Sausage with Red Peppers and Potatoes (but I think I may substitute chick peas for the potatoes).  These were two of the dishes that we learnt how to prepare and then they were enjoy with a wonderful glass of wine. Which I have to tell you about too.  It was Wirra Wirra - an Australian Red blend; Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot.  A wonderful red wine with all the classic red wine characteristics - smooth and buttery, full bodied and deep rich flavour all the way through.  This is something to look for in the future. 


It is late now so I wish you happy days in the kitchen!




E




ps, soon you will read about our delicious Salmon bake that we had on the weekend, but there was only time to do one post tonight, more for you to read tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment