Friday, January 8, 2010

Iced Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies



Here is a picture of the Iced Oatmeal Applesauce cookies (from Martha Stewart's Cookies book as mentioned in yesterdays post).  They were super easy to make and so delicious! A real home-baked taste, sweet and chewy.

These cookies were baked for an occasion, a fun and exciting occasion.  At work we had this big meeting, and I was asked to bring some baking for the coffee break.  I certainly could not decline this request as it would have disappointed many!  And now after the fact, I really don't think I did!  It was the many wonderful comments that I received that made me happy and proud to share my baking.  I love to bake, I would even consider it a passion of mine and with this comes the joy that I get back when I share my passion.

Everyday we must spread joy, I do it through food.


After a very busy day for dinner tonight I got a real treat.  Tanner - my ever so sweet husband - made me dinner.  Spaghetti and meat sauce, simple but delicious!  Since he made dinner, I think now I have to do the dishes.  In our house the kitchen is not just mine, it is a shared space. A space where we come together after a long day at work.  A space where we gather with friends and family.  A space where so many memories are created.

So after a long week of busy days and very late nights I am looking forward to a quiet evening and a nice and relaxing weekend with Tanner.  This weekend is when we are celebrating 10 years together, a weekend where we can look back at many happy memories and think about the future of us together.  Most likely there will be some sort of food adventures too!

Have a wonderful weekend with hopefully a gourmet food adventure of your own!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment