Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cookies!

Well as mentioned earlier I made the Ginger Orange Sandies or maybe they are the Orange Ginger Sandies... hmmm, I have to think about that for a while.  They turned good, a great candied ginger flavour the essence of orange with perfect texture, crispy on the outside and lightly crumbly on the inside.  And very pretty too, I rolled each cookie in white sanding sugar with a slice of candied ginger for garnish.  I think next time I will tint the sanding sugar pale orange or yellow to give them a bit more colour.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I initially found the recipe for the Christmas Sandies on the Better Homes and Gardens website (a favourite recipe site of mine) and I made a few small changes, increase the amount of lemon zest and use sanding sugar instead of nonpareils.  So this was a slight variation of that recipe, and I think it turned out just wonderful!  I have posted the pictures of these new cookies to the side here, hope you enjoy.

Thats all for now!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment